Athlete Spotlight: Jeff Cokley
I started at Strongpoint CrossFit because I was being hassled by my one of my coworkers to try it. I was hooked from day one. I don’t think there is any other type of work out that would compare. Its not another gym membership, its a community. That’s one of the biggest reasons that keeps me going day after day. It’s a fun place to suffer with others of the same mind set. I’m about to go on a six month deployment, and I hope to keep up with the WODs while I’m in Japan. I plan to keep CrossFit a part of my life for a long time!
1. What is your favorite exercise or WOD? My favorite WOD would be any of the HERO ones. They seem near impossible to complete but I wont give up until I finish or the time runs out. The people they’re named after didn’t so why should I.
2. What is your least favorite exercise or WOD? I absolutely despise double unders!
3. What motivates you to show up day after day? The satisfaction of accomplishing a hard workout and beating Mike C.
4. What negative thoughts hold you back from being your best? Food!!
5. What has been your most memorable moment at Strongpoint CrossFit? Meeting My beautiful girlfriend first and foremost. Also its when I or someone else is hitting a difficult PR. We all tend to do a good job of cheering one another on.
6. What has been your least favorite moment at Strongpoint CrossFit? DOUBLE UNDERS!
7. What is your favorite quote from Strongpoint CrossFit? This sucks, I think I’m going to puke!
8. What do you want to accomplish with your training in the next year? Keep the WODs going while I’m on Deployment. I am planning to go for my level one certification when I get back.
Coach’s Comments: Jeff appeared early on a Saturday in March and immediately immersed himself into the program. He routinely attends 4-5 days a week and is easily one of the most consistent members of the gym. We have seen him steadily grow in strength and skill since that day as a result of his effort and can-do spirit. Jeff is very coachable and engaged in gym events. We can always rely on him to lend a helping hand. He is quick to introduce himself to and help out all newcomers to the gym whether it is with a specific movement, translating alphabet soup from the coaches, or just helping someone find their way around. We are sorry to see Jeff leave the area soon for deployment and are proud to name as our November 2012 spotlight athlete!