Back in the Saddle Paleo Challenge
Purpose: The Back in the Saddle (BITS) Paleo Challenge is a 30 day fitness and nutrition competition designed to help you dial in your nutrition and maximize the health benefits you derive from your training at Strongpoint CrossFit. This is a great opportunity to shape your habits and thinking prior to the holiday season and to get a jump start on the New Year.
Entry Fee: $30 (half of entry goes toward the prize pot)
Prelims: Saturday, January 11th, 8:00-10:00 am
Finals: Saturday, February 8th, 8:00-10:00 am
Registration: Signup sheet will be posted on the WOD board. Billing will run through Zen Planner. You may also pay by cash or check made out to Strongpoint CrossFit.
How to Win: The Challenge winner will have to succeed in 3 areas:
Compliance – Play every day!
Body Transformation – Get lean & mean!
Workout Improvement – Become the BAM you’ve always wanted to be!
How the game is played: You will be measured in the beginning and the end of the challenge to track your improvement in compliance, body composition, and performance.
- Compliance: You will be challenged to live by the following rules and may earn up to 10 points daily:
- Nutrition (5 points/daily) – No grains or starches (including corn and soy), no processed, artificial, or refined sugar or sweeteners (pure agave, pure maple syrup, and pure honey are okay in moderation), no legumes (including peanuts and peanut butter), no alcohol, soda or juice, no dairy (including butter, creamer, whey, etc.) and no artificial or processed foods. You can earn up to 5 points maximum for each day of nutrition. Violate one of your rules and subtract 1 point. The lowest score you can get on any day is 0.
- Workout (2 points/daily) – Train or active rest every day. The rule is 10 minutes minimum and you determine what a workout is for yourself (aside from your CrossFit classes). You will receive 2 points for every day that you work out.
- Mobilization (1 point/daily) – Stretch and mobilize daily for a minimum of 10 minutes. You can do this any way you want that may include Yoga, mobility work at home, or a mobility Workout of the Day from www.mobilitywod.com. You will receive 1 point for stretching/mobilizing each day.
- Fish oil (1 point/daily) – Consume a daily dose of fish oil. 2,000mg or 2g of EPA/DHA per day constitutes a serving.
- Lifestyle Category (1 point/daily) – there will be a new lifestyle category each week designed to shape some of your lifestyle choices that impact your health and fitness.
- Bonus Points – Submit a daily reflection every day and earn a bonus point for every three consecutive days.
- You will be required to log your scores daily between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm via Google Drive. You will receive login instructions prior to submitting scores for the first time. We will begin keeping official scores on Sunday, January 12th so the first day that you will enter a score will be Monday, January 13th. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- *Daily scoring will run from January 12th to February 7th.
- It would benefit you to have a Gmail address set up prior to the challenge to facilitate your access to scoring. Although it is possible to access from other types of accounts, a Gmail account makes it much easier.
- Body composition: We will measure your waist, thighs, and body fat percentage at the beginning and end of the challenge to determine your improvement over the 30 days.
- Workout Improvement: We will complete a preliminary and final workout consisting of as many reps as possible in two minutes each of pull ups, push ups, sit ups, and air squats followed by a 1-mile run.
All participants in the Paleo Challenge will receive:
+ Paleo nutrition and challenge rules brief.
+ Welcome aboard email with articles, E-books, and quick start guides to get you off on the right foot.
+ 10% discount on PurePharma O3, D3, and M3 for duration of the challenge. $10 off PurePharma fish oil on the day of prelims (this bottle will last entire 30 days at one serving/day).
+ Regular emails and Facebook posts with coaching, support, recipes, videos and other items pertinent to the challenge.
+ A post-challenge celebration!
+ Prizes for winners that include cash, gift certificates, credits toward merchandise, free and upgraded memberships!
Strongpoint CrossFit. Elite Fitness is our goal.