Whole Life Challenge Spring Throwdown Prelims
The Whole Life Challenge is an 8-week health and fitness challenge designed to turn you into a diggin’ deep, nose-to-the-grindstone, what are you made of, no-crying-in-CrossFit, swinging for the fences master of your physical and mental destiny! The WLC started at CrossFit LA a year and a half ago. This time around 10,000-20,000 people from affiliates around the world will be playing and competing!
Entry Fee: $45 for everyone–all members, friends, and family.
Prelims: Saturday, February 16th at 9:00 am
Finals: Saturday, April 13th
Friends & Family may play along with you, but you must be registered first to invite them to join.
The challenge winner will have to succeed in 3 areas:
Performance – Improve your work, improve your play
Body Transformation – Get lean & mean
Accountability – Play every day!
How the game is played:
How the challenge works:
1. On Day 1 of the challenge you will measure where you are starting — Both a performance measurement in the Whole Life Challenge baseline workout, and a physical measurement of where your body is. Your final ranking in the challenge will be a combination of your improvement in these measurements along with the points you earn during the challenge.
2. Starting on Day 2 you will log into the website every day and report your score for the previous day. That means that on Day 2 you will be reporting your score for your activities on Day 1. You will also have the chance to enter a brief public “reflection” of how things are going for you. Share how the day before went or just where you are at the moment — the good, the bad, AND the ugly!
3. Visit the blog and forums regularly for coaching, support, tips, recipes, and reflection.
4. On the final day of the challenge you will repeat the measurements from Day 1 — workout and body measurements.
Final Tabulation for rankings is based on:
1. 25% – Improvement in body measurements
2. 25% – Improvement in workout performance
3. 50% – Accountability (daily points total)
All participants in the challenge will receive:
+ Access to the Whole Life Challenge WORLDWIDE online scoreboard
+ A “Pre-Game Huddle” seminar – Want to give yourself the best shot? Come to a 1 hour meet-up to cover the basics of setting yourself up: preparing your home and kitchen, shopping and preparing food, and strategies
+ Whole Life Challenge mid-challenge BBQ
+ Access to a Whole Life Challenge blog with coaching, support, recipes and videos
+ Access to the Whole Life Challenge discussion forums for getting together with other participants to trade experiences, successes, breakdowns, tips, “cheats” and to lend and give support.
+ A post-challenge party & celebration!
What kind of results can you expect? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c-7hg-3IcW4
PRIZES for Winners include free massage, WOD gear, supplements, and membership upgrades!