November Spotlight Athlete: Tiffany Mueller
So I have never been a super athletic person. I have always been “one of those girls,” you know, the ones dying on a treadmill or trying the newest dance party fitness class to burn calories. In fact, I can’t think of a time before CrossFit that I ever worked out for any reason other than to be skinny. A Facebook friend of mine started going to strongpoint and invited me so I thought I would give it try. I went for an intro and almost died. I immediately knew I wanted to come back…… weird right? Of course at first, all I cared about was getting that bikini body, but after a while being around strong women really got to me. I was so inspired! Somewhere along the line I stopped caring about the look as much and I started caring about the weights. I still have so many things I need to work on and get better at, but I look forward to pushing myself, setting new goals and continuing to work out alongside some pretty awesome people.
- What is your favorite exercise or WOD? Anything with weightlifting or kettlebells
- What is your least favorite exercise or WOD? My least favorite would be any warm up or WOD that involves running over 50 meters haha!
- What motivates you to show up day after day? Wanting to get stronger than I was the day before and I guess I enjoy most of the people 90% of the time. Really though I’ve met some pretty cool people that keep me motivated!
- What negative thoughts hold you back from being your best? I would say the number one thing that holds me back is being hard on myself and comparing myself to others. I do that a lot.
- What has been your most memorable moment at Strongpoint CrossFit? I would have to say Rep Your Box because I got to know everyone from our box a little better. I also strung together 50 double unders for the first time without being no rep’d by Petey 🙂
- What has been your least favorite moment at Strongpoint CrossFit? The time I walked out and left during HSPU skill work. I was super frustrated with myself.
- What is your favorite quote from Strongpoint CrossFit? “Just Show up” – RM It’s so simple but true. To get better you just have to show up and put in the work.
- What do you want to accomplish with your training in the next year? This year I would like to finally Clean 133 and get a muscle up. I can die happy when I get a MU
Coach’s Comments: Tiffany has been with Strongpoint for nearly a year and she has progressed tremendously as an athlete since that introduction in which she “nearly died!” We have seen her lifting numbers go up, her conditioning times come down, and most importantly, her confidence grow. She has become one of the few regulars in our Olympic Weightlifting class, represented the gym at Rep Your Box, and won her division in the in-house competition on September. Tiffany’s attitude, work ethic, and perseverance make her a pleasure to work with and we are excited to see her continue to progress in the months to come.