April 8th, 2013 Workout of the Day
The Bear. Complete 5 sets of the sequence for load – 7 rounds of: 1 power clean, 1 front squat, 1 push press, 1 back squat, 1 push press
Rules of the Bear Complex:
1. No resting on the ground (even to re-grip). Athletes may rest in any other position. Failure to do so designates a failed set and the athlete must stop and either start over with that weight or lower the weight and start again.
2. Failed sets count as one of your five sets.
3. Athletes can break up or combine the movements as long as the following are met: the clean starts at the ground and finishes standing with the hip at full extension, squats go below parallel and push presses finished locked out overhead.
4. Push jerks are acceptable.
5. There is no time component for a set, the athlete can rest anywhere EXCEPT on the ground.
6. Athletes perform 7 rounds of the sequence to get through one set. There are 5 sets.
*There will be a 35 minute cap on this workout.
See an example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WOP9J7QPwI